2001 was the watershed year in ‘righting’ our inverted totalitarian Ship of State — the Western geopolitical imperial hegemony. The previously soft-shoe, largely market-driven approach to maintaining obedience over those populations participating in the Western Curriculum was discarded in favor of a more fulsome and heroic agenda of blatant propaganda, media censorship, government spying, administrative legislation, domestic militarization, executive privilege, and other gestapo-like tactics both at home and abroad. And the ‘false-flag’ events that we often saw perpetrated in those bastions of so-called ‘barbarism’, e.g., MENA, now seem to be standard operating procedure right here among the vassal homelands of the USA’s imperial diaspora. Whether or not we instigate or initiate, recruit or persuade, coax or commission, train or intimidate, excite or entice, execute it ourselves or through proxies, it is becoming ever more apparent that we are the one’s ultimately responsible for unleashing terror in the streets, from New York to Newtown, Paris to Kiev, Belgium to Britain. Shall I go on? Not only the USA, but now the Eurozone vassals as well are tightening the nooses around the necks of their respective populations. Only a few stragglers remain outside the fold. Russia is fast becoming the new bastion of freedom — so long as you do not just repeat the official narrative of the Western hegemony like a dumb parrot. OK. I won’t get too carried away here. But, you get my point.
Yet now, from Charlie Hedbo to Christopher Cornell, we see how the fangs of imperial decay become bared in a last-ditch effort to maintain control and obedience as the hierarchy continues to tighten the noose and cut off our air supply. I have spoken often about the destructive nature of hierarchy. And so it is the case. Granted there are far too many people on this planet to manage things otherwise; but one needs to recognize the reality that is shaping up around them. There never really was anything called freedom in this thing we call civil society. It is and always was a well-fabricated structure of executives, legislators, judges, police and warriors that are tasked with ‘ensuring the peace’. Indeed, it was the justification for hierarchy articulated by none other than Thomas Hobbes many centuries ago, claiming that we must give up our freedom to a centralized power in order to survive in society. At least this is the myth we have fed upon in the Western Curriculum for too many years. Of course, one could still try to argue that human nature is indeed brutish and evil, (just look at the current events we are discussing); but our only real evidence for such evil is based upon the historical record. And it is precisely in prehistory that I would look for an alternative structuring of social reality that was not based upon fear and centralized hierarchical control. At least not in the manner Hobbes envisioned it. But, this has been the topic of other posts of mine on too many occasions to count. Yet, as our “rights” continue to be stripped away, we sit idly by and watch, like spectators in the Coliseum. But, what rights? The rights bestowed upon us by the ill-founded power of State and its apologists? Based upon the premise that without the centralized power of the state we would revert to barbarism and brutishness? Truly, the “Thou Shalts” of the Old Testament laid the foundation for the presumed justification of interference by the State, secular or religious. And so one theocratic regime faces off against another. And, if you don’t abide by the dictates, you too are unnecessary and expendable.
The question is: what can be done now? How can just one man or woman counter the machinations of the State hegemony, its police forces and its military, in order to stop this inexorable march to a fully realized totalitarian regime? Yes, I know, we all want the answer to that question.
1. We must stop letting the official narrative dominate the airways. We must do everything we can (that we currently have the right to do) to get the other sides of the stories out there. We must question authority at every turn.
2. We must not be afraid to speak our peace. And we must not let the courts and the legislatures (manipulated by capital) close our mouths or shut us up.
3. We must stand up for the Other when she cannot defend herself. We must recognize that we too are the ‘other’, and not merely the facetiously choreographed and ultimately cynical “Je suis Charlie” or ‘Maidan’, or ‘Georgians’. We cannot allow the media and its paymasters to dictate the terms of our participation in historical events.
4. We must do what we can to expose that the history we are living through is created, fabricated, by the leaders and the winners. And as Howard Zinn would remind us — tell the people’s story.
5. We must protest with words and assemblies, whenever possible, against the cold calculations of empire at every turn. We must not be silenced, as the poor souls in Germany and Eastern Europe were silenced for so many years, and as the Americans find themselves silenced today, as were the Occupy Wall Street protests silenced a few years back.
6. Most importantly, violence will not be your friend; so don’t embrace it. It will only kill you. Coups and insurrections only replace one tyrant with a new one. We shouldn’t be fooled again!
7. Finally, the only thing truly exceptional about America is the amount of terror its leadership has unleashed on the world over its recent history, and done so in the name of stopping terror. And it is exceptionally stupid that We, the people, continue to finance this shit with our hard earned slave-wages. Wake up Americans, and wake up Europeans, British, and Australians. Wake up and speak out now while you still have a voice.